My friend K had been to
(makes 15 pieces)
Mushrooms – 1 pkt (about 200 gms)
Onion – 2 nos
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 heaped tsp
Green chillies – 2 or 3 nos
Turmeric pd – ½ tsp
Red chilli pd – 1 tsp
Coriander Cumin pd – 2 tsp
Asafetida – a pinch
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – a handful
Samosa covering strips – 15 nos
- Wash and clean the mushrooms well. Mince into tiny itty-bitty pieces
- Chop onions and green chillies very finely.
- Heat oil and sprinkle asafetida
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Stir around a bit
- Mix in chopped onions and continue to cook till soft
- Add dry masala powders and salt. Mix well
- Finally add in mushrooms and salt
- Cover and cook on low fire till mushrooms are done
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and keep aside to cool
- Take a strip of the samosa covering.
- Fold in a triangle and fill in some of the stuffing.
- Seal edges with water.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the samosas till golden and crisp
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
I served these at a little do we had with friends over the weekend. They were absolutely melt-in-the-mouth and were walloped within seconds.
The samosas can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer. You need to thaw them by keeping them out at room temperature for about 4 hours.
The samosa covering strips are easily available at most grocery stores.